Thursday, July 31, 2008

Introverts

I stumbled upon this excerpt describing introverts. It's a good explanation of how I often feel.

"Introverts enjoy quiet moments to themselves. They need these moments to re-energize and renew themselves. They do have close friends, but tend to have few at one time. Parties and large get togethers exhaust them. They live rich, internal lives. They make great writers, accountants, philosophers, artists. They are happiest in careers where they can have time to think. Tight deadlines are the worst for them. They do not necessarily require greater approval of society. They tend to choose their words carefully when they do speak, they even rehearse it in their heads first. They are sensitive to emotions and have intense feelings in general. They make good leaders who are great listeners. When an introvert tries to be more extrovertive, they become exhausted, stressed, and depressed."


~ Seiler starts kindergarten Aug 25. Landen has been accepted into the Peer Mentor 3-year-old program at the same school and same time (minus Wednesdays where we 2 will attend story time at the library). This schedule will allow me much needed quiet moments to "re-energize and renew" myself! This makes me very happy, and I continually ponder exactly how I can maximize it. I'm thinking about painting and exercising. Perhaps Ray can help me stretch canvases. Perhaps I should research rec center classes instead of joining the gym. I need time to decide what to do with my time.

1 comment:

Lisa P. said...

Wow thank you for the music. Ah I soo miss that time in our lives. I'm so glad that we have songs, pics, memories to last a lifetime:)