Wednesday, July 9, 2008

the Colors of my Heart




Your Heart is Blue and Green



Your heart is open and dynamic.

You are flexible, optimistic, and expressive.

You bring honesty and intimacy to relationships.

You're good at expressing your needs to your partner.




If you choose to take this quiz, please post it in my comments. Thanks!

Speaking of colors ~

I just finished painting our playroom addition. I was uncertain of the specific color that I was looking for, but wanted a warm, pink undertone. I bought 2 gallons of base pre-colored that were approximately what I wanted, plus they were 50% off. One was real nice, the other was too pink. Ray began to complain about the pinkness until I said, "If it's good enough for Sheriff Joe Arpaio (Ray's idol) - it's good enough for us. It has nothing to do with male/female - it's about feeling good". So he let it be. I accidentally matched the wrong base gallon, and chose Lady Pink. When I put it on the wall it made me think of Pepto, so I took it back to Lowe's and had them add a bit more color in the direction of Summer Tan, making it more peach/pink. I must admit I love it! It's so bright and cozy, it puts my other rooms to shame. In fact, I'm already planning new colors for our other rooms. I think I will eventually make the office brown, the kitchen dark red, my bedroom Caribbean Holiday (dark teal), and the master bathroom mint green. All in time. I do love color.

Ray built both additions, but I am proud to say I did the ceilings. A long time ago, when I was in high school, Jack asked my artistic opinion of the ceiling he was working on in Salt Lake. He used a broom as a brush to apply spackle in swirls. I said that I really liked it and may I try? No. Still, to this day, I remember that technique and practiced it on both of these new rooms. I got really good at it by the time I got to the end of the second room. Instead of trying to make full circles, I started overlapping them into a rainbow-type pattern.

No comments: