Friday, September 12, 2008

Respect the Van

Photobucket

I love my Dodge Caravan, wanted it for years! The best feature is the automatic doors. I've been warned not to wear them out, but manual pull fights the machine's hold. Anyway ~ I love to drive Seiler and Landen to school and pick them up. The new school system is so efficient, and my van is ideal! Perfect! Parents must stay in the vehicle for loading and unloading of kids. One little push of my button and wa'lah! Magical easiness. And they can buckle themselves in. I'm so proud.

The second thing I love about my van is that there is so much space ~ it's luxurious. Sometimes we put the middle seats down and the back bench up for the boys to sit back there, and it's like they're in a limo. A limo they can stand up in, and change out of wet swimsuits inside tinted windows. Stow and go seats are nice. I put my purse in there when I'm at the beach. Third, I chose gold color, in order to hide the dirt better. Forth, I put a custom sticker on the back window in memory of my father with a bronco logo on each side.

I remember the first time I rode in a minivan. It was the Cowleys' new thing. It felt like flying in a plane, luxurious. After that there were a lot of minivans everywhere. They became known as vehicles for large families, and became un-cool. SUVs are cool. They represent off-roading, coloring outside the lines, being unique. Image used to be important to me too. But I came to realize that the tangible benefits of the van out way the coolness. When I'm doing my job, taking my growing guys around, I respect the van. I wash it often.

4 comments:

Lisa P. said...

So funny! I have a dodge grand caravan. I'm such a typical utah mother;) It seriously is so practical. I love it. What color is yours? Mine is a light silvery type blue.

kmmmmmm said...

I remember Cowley's van! Most memorable time was when Jayne would take us to 7-11 to get Slurpees. :) Mom used to have that purple dodge caravan! I bet yours is much nicer than hers, though! So glad you got your dream car!

Leetham5 said...

Vans are pretty nice, but I still like Suv's! I'm glad that you got your dream car, it is great for little kids.

Anonymous said...

I have mini van envy. everytime i see one going down the road i am checking everything out on it. i think i almost have travis talked in to one. i dont like my car. it is a sonata 05. it is too small and the f**king air bag light keeps coming on. it happens when the seat is moved. i agree style isnt as important as taking care of what is important. they are pretty.