Saturday, May 16, 2009

Myrtle Waves

To Myrtle Waves new owners,

Our family had season passes last summer, and we loved visiting your park so much that we told all our family and friends with kids about it, and how we couldn't wait to do it again this year. We bought our vouchers online, and I really like your new logo design & web design. Some of the changes you have made are an improvement. Others are not.

Upon arrival, we received big, red cups. The fact that the cups were free eased our disappointment that the free drinks are gone. One dollar for a refill is a reasonable price, but carrying cups around is such a hassle! I guess it reduces waste, so I understand your reasoning. I'm afraid the cups I have to lug around will get lost, mixed up, and/or stolen. Mix ups could be unsanitary, but I plan to find a way to personalize ours to deter said problems.

Then we go straight to the lockers. We always get a locker, the prices are reasonable and it's convenient. Just like last year, lockers seem to be assigned too closely together! There are so many, why not spread them out? The problem peaks at closing time. Everyone is crowded around one area waiting to get into their locker.

At the locker booth there used to be free sun screen, but it's gone now. I didn't know that, so we burned a bit. I will bring our own sunscreen from now on. Again, I will miss the convenience of getting it directly instead of going into the locker more often.

Our biggest disappointment of all was that now Wave Pool & Lazy River tubes are to be rented. $6 for a single and $12 for a double. That is too expensive. I would pay that for the entire season, but not for a day. What if someone takes our tubes while we are away from them? We used to pick up tubes at random at pass them off without a second thought. We used to ride around the river just to get to the other side. That was the kids' idea. Now, I refuse to pay for tubes. My kids bounce all over the park, and I would never want to worry about loosing tubes that I had to pay for. Nor do I ever want to carry tubes around all day. My 4-year-old whined at the water park today because he will no longer be enjoying his beloved Lazy River, which is much less scary to him than the Racing River. I think the littlest of kids will be loosing out.

I hope you are able to clean the chairs better sometime soon. I hope you find these suggestions helpful and not too critical. We do love Myrtle Waves!

Sincerely,

No comments: