Ray is really good at building and putting up fences, so when his friend needs help ~ ray helps. In fact, he takes charge and does the whole thing really well. Anyway - his friend called me to ask what kind of liquor Ray would like as thanks for the help:
- None really, he just likes Bud Light.
- Does he like Captain Morgan?
- Well, that's what I like...
So Ray recieved a case of Bud Light and a bottle of Captain Morgan 'Private Stock'. Ray put the rum up and said it was so nice that we shouldn't drink it.
So a few weeks ago I was invited to a 'Tastefully Simple' party by another co-worker of Ray's. I was inclined to order a mango margarita mix that turns into a sweet slush. The day it arrived I mixed it up and added the entire bottle of Captain Morgan rum. I filled the empty bottle with Coke and water and put it back up in its spot.
After Ray left for work, I enjoyed a nice cup of mango rum slush on my front porch rocking chair this evening. Stormy rubbed against my bare ankles. Dragonflies zoomed by my head. The smell of gardenias and the symphony of insects are in the air. Delicious peacefulness.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment