I wake at 6 am. Sometimes I need alarm help, but not when I'm used to the routine. Rarely will the boys wake before me. I start coffee and get myself dressed. I turn on their light, and turn off their sound spa that is usually set on ocean waves. I turn on their dual TVs that are stacked on their book shelf, facing their bunk beds. I used to turn on Hip Hop Harry, and I'm sick of Jo-Jo's Circus, so lately I put on nostalgic Full House.
My main goal is to get them dressed. Last night I set their clothes out ahead of time because today is "Respect Yourself, Don't Do Drugs Day," and they need to wear their Sunday best. Yesterday was "Sock It to Drugs Day," and they wore big socks pulled up over their jeans that we painted red & blue with silver dots the night before. On our lazy weekends I encourage them to pick out their own outfits and put them on themselves at their own pace.
My other morning goal is to feed them breakfast. First they need a vitamin, especially to keep their geographic tongue at bay. Seiler eats Flintstones, but Landen won't. Therefore he gets gummy vitamins. Seiler loves bacon! He eats it every day. On good days I fix him two scrambled eggs with cheese as well. Landen, on the other hand, usually won't eat. When he does, he prefers a sausage link. They both love cranberry pomegranate juice and we call it "Diet Blood". This idea came from a Sponge Bob episode where he and Patrick where trying to prove they were tough. I recently pulled the label off the juice bottle and applied a Halloween novelty sticker that says "Red Blood". I don't mind if they won't eat because I know they are offered another breakfast at school. Sundays are good for making pancakes. I like to throw in some of the blueberries that we picked in July and froze.
When ready, the boys are rewarded with computer time. We love the free games and activities on Playhouse Disney and PBS Kids the best. We leave the house around 6:50. On the way we might listen to a CD that Seiler's best friend Canyon gave him around their 5th birthday last February. If my CD burner worked, I would send you a copy because we just love it! We also listen to Sirius Kid Stuff on 116, but this week we enjoy the scary stories from 'Sirius Scream on 113'. I love how intently the boys listen. We arrive at school around 7:15, pull around a loop to the drop off area marked with colored cones. Teachers are waiting to help open car doors and escort children to safety. On the days that both kids go, I turn the station to Cosmo 111, but Wednesday Landen returns home with me. I feed him brunch and we watch Dora the Explorer and Between the Lions DVDs before we have to return them to the library today.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment